Ir para conteúdo
  • Cadastre-se

Imagem Postada

Para acessar os anunciantes, clicar nos banners!

Imagem Postada Imagem Postada Imagem Postada Imagem Postada Imagem Postada Imagem Postada Imagem Postada Imagem Postada Imagem Postada Imagem Postada Imagem Postada Imagem Postada Imagem Postada

NOVIDADE: Diana K98 ( primeira parte )

Posts Recomendados

http://www.pyramydair.com/blog/2016/11/diana-k98-pellet-rifle-part-1/

Diana K98 pellet rifle: Part 1

by Tom Gaylord

Writing as B.B. Pelletier

11-29-16-01-Diana-K98-2.jpg

Diana’s K98 Mauser pellet rifle is very realistic.

This report covers:

• Real deal
    • The rifle
    • Underlever
    • The stock
    • Finish
    • Sights
    • Size and weight
    • Tools?
    • Manual
    • Good feeling

It’s here! The Diana K98 air rifle is finally here and today I start testing it for you. I have fired it several times as of this moment, and my advice is if you want one, get it. Diana appears to have done everything right.

Real deal

Luckily for all of you I am a real airgunner, rather than some marketeer who is just doing this as a job. When it comes to looking at a new airgun like this, I know what to look for. For example, the stock is real wood! The picture on the box looks so good that I thought for a moment Diana had gone the plastic route like the Mosin Nagant BB gun I recently tested. No, sir! This one is all wood!

The rifle

I received the .22 caliber rifle and, yes, it does come in .177 as well. I thought given the power they claim (1150 f.p.s. in .177 and 850 in .22) that the larger caliber was the better choice. Normally I would give you the serial number of the rifle I am testing so you could hope to buy it after I’m finished, but I’m going to hold off on that for awhile with this one. I have a gut feeling I’m really going to like this airgun.

Underlever

Obviously this isn’t a bolt action rifle like the Mauser K98 firearm. This one is an underlever with a sliding compression chamber that several other Diana rifles share. We know from experience that Diana has mastered this style of spring-piston powerplant. However, this K98 is unique. I am guessing that the powerplant was borrowed from the Diana 460 Magnum , but the underlever on the K98 is concealed as part of the Mauser firearm design. Instead of a cleaning rod section sticking out from the front of the long stock, what you see is the end of the underlever. It isn’t quite as long as the 460 underlever, but the cocking effort has still been greatly reduced. I will measure it for you in Part 2, but I would estimate that it’s at least 10 pounds less than the 47 pounds I measured when I tested the 460 Magnum.

Please remember, I am only guessing about this relationship. I base my guess on the fact that a manufacturer will use existing parts for a new model if they work, rather than going to the expense of creating all-new parts. That saves development cost plus it keeps the parts inventory lean. It’s why carmakers put one engine into many different models. Regardless of what parts are in the rifle, it is easy to cock, compared to the more powerful 460 Magnum.

The sliding compression chamber has a safety to keep the chamber from closing unexpectedly when you load the rifle. This safety is conveniently located for a right-handed shooter and I believe not as convenient for a lefty. When the rifle is cocked the safety slides back with the compression chamber and must be pressed to return the underlever and to slide the compression chamber home. Loading is directly into the breech, and on this rifle there is a hole in the spring tube below the barrel, so don’t drop the pellet.

11-29-16-02-Diana-K98-chamber-release-2.

The release for the sliding compression chamber is that button on the right side of the receiver, ahead of the closed chamber. Note that the Mauser banner is displayed proudly on top of the spring tube. The stock

As noted, the stock is real wood, including the short upper handguard. On the Mauser K98 firearm the upper handguard keeps your hands away from the hot barrel when firing rapidly, but on this airgun it’s just for style. Also for style is the metal bushing in the butt of the stock. On the firearm that bushing is steel and is there for disassembling the bolt in the field. On the airgun it’s just for decoration and it’s made of non-ferrous metal. The last thing to note on the stock is the metal buttplate that very much resembles a Mauser K98 buttplate. This one is non-ferrous — probably to save weight.

As you can see, the stock is cut for the sling. The front barrel band has a heavy bar for the front part of the sling, just like the firearm. In fact, the most notable thing that’s not on this air rifle is a bayonet lug. It would get in the way of the underlever, anyhow!

Finish

I think the finish is exactly what airgunners want. The wood is finished with a semi-gloss finish that’s close to a military oil finish. The metal parts are deeply blued or blacked appropriately. You don’t blue aluminum, so those non-ferrous parts are probably anodized, but they all appear uniform. The only plastic part I can find is the triggerguard. Even the trigger blade is metal.

Sights

THANK YOU, DIANA! There are no fiberoptics on these sights! I might just buy the gun for that reason, alone! The front sight is a Vee on a wide base. And it adjusts for elevation! Yes, just use the special tool that comes with the rifle to turn the front sight one complete turn to change its height by 1 mm.

The rear sight is a fully adjustable leaf sight with a squared notch. It isn’t a copy of the Mauser K98 firearm rear leaf sight, but it’s located in the same place and it will work fine. I plan on testing the rifle thoroughly with the open sights.

There is a Diana scope base on the rear of the spring tube and I will mount a scope and test it that way for you, as well. But I will not leave a scope on this rifle. This is a rifleman’s rifle that was never intended to be shot with a scope. Yes, I know all about the 98K sniper rifles. If you examine them you will see that many compromises had to be made to mount scopes. But I will test this rifle with a scope for you — I promise.

Size and weight

This is a very large and heavy air rifle, as it needs to be to copy the Mauser K98 firearm. It weighs 9.5 lbs. which is slightly more than the firearm weighs, and there will be small variations for the density of the wood. It is 44 inches long, which is 0.3-inches longer than the firearm. So, this airgun is one close copy! This one happens to be quite muzzle heavy which I prefer for the stability it gives.

Tools?

Yes, the K98 comes with a complete set of tools! You’ll need them to adjust the front sight and the trigger. What the big wrench is for I haven’t figured out yet.

11-29-16-03-Diana-K98-tools-2.jpg

This tool set comes with the rifle. Manual

Whoever wrote the manual was a shooter — or they knew one! It’s well-written in 4 languages. And — (drum roll) — it is unique to this air rifle, alone! No cheezy photos and instructions for a trigger you may or may not have on your one-size-fits-all air rifle!

Good feeling

I have a real good feeling about this air rifle. A good feeling as in — Diana made it right in every way. I once called the Diana RWS 350 Magnum a rifleman’s air rifle, but if this K98 tests out the way I think it will, the 350 will have to move over!

Kids — we are going to have fun with this one!

• +1 2

Minha mulher me deixa comprar todas as armas que posso esconder.

Link para o comentário
Compartilhar em outros sites

Coisa linda essa carabina.

"Carabinas de ar... calibradas, descalibradas, diversas e até inutilizadas."

"Estilingue - Calibres diversos, pedrinha, pedra, pedregulho, tijolo, pedra grande pra car... adaptado para aceitar pedra de barro Lead Free"

"Tubos de esferográficas com tufos da papel, atiradeira de mamona com cano e balão de festa etc"

Link para o comentário

Minha contribuição:

Hatsan HT200S Dominator 5.5 (Negrinha) (https://tinyurl.com/yw8mvxy9)

Cometa Fênix 400S Compact 5.5 (Mercedita) (https://tinyurl.com/2p9zmsk9)

Crosman 1322 (Ainda sem nome)

*Sandbag Caldwell TACKDRIVER (http://goo.gl/rMXiah)

===IN MEMORIAN===
Luneta Walther MDC 4x32 (Paralax, MilDot, Retículo iluminado) =VENDIDA=
Luneta Nikko Stirling GoldCrown 4x32 =VENDIDA=
CBC B19-17 String: http://goo.gl/057Hzs + Muzze CBC TUNADO (http://goo.gl/lzjDnr)] =VENDIDA=
Luneta Nikko Stirling Airking Iluminated 4x32 (http://goo.gl/THGJtd) + DAMPA DM60 =RIFADA=
RedDot Walther PS55 [retículo GRADUADO] (http://goo.gl/KMXVis) =VENDIDO=
HW50S 4.5 (http://goo.gl/noXggj) =RIFADA=
HW77 4.5 FAC (Encamisada) (http://goo.gl/TG23so) =RIFADA=
HW100T FSB FAC 5.5 (https://goo.gl/r3qhzI) =VENDIDA=
HT135 5.5 + Kit Elite 70KG (http://goo.gl/YJnYJv) =VENDIDA=
Artemis PR900W 5.5 HUMA Regulated (https://goo.gl/cbBiW2=VENDIDA=
Hatsan BT65SB 5.5 =VENDIDA=

Link para o comentário

Muita coisa em inglês para ler de manhã cedo... :coffee: ainda tô acordando...

Então dei uma traduzida com o google. Espero que não fiquem chateados. :pc:

Diana's K98 Mauser rifle pellet é muito realista.
Este relatório abrange:
negócio real
o rifle
underlever
O estoque
Terminar
Vistas
Tamanho e peso
Ferramentas?
Manual
Sentimento bom
Está aqui! O rifle de ar Diana K98 está finalmente aqui e hoje eu começo a testá-lo para você. Eu tenho disparado várias vezes a partir deste momento, e meu conselho é se você quiser um, entendi. Diana parece ter feito tudo certo.
negócio real
Felizmente para todos vocês eu sou um verdadeiro airgunner, ao invés de algum comerciante que está apenas fazendo isso como um trabalho. Quando se trata de olhar para um ar novo como este, eu sei o que procurar. Por exemplo, o estoque é de madeira real! A imagem na caixa parece tão boa que eu pensei por um momento Diana tinha ido a rota de plástico como a arma Mosin Nagant BB recentemente testado. Não senhor! Este é toda a madeira!
o rifle
Recebi o rifle de calibre .22 e, sim, ele entra em .177 também. Eu pensei que dado o poder que eles alegam (1150 f.p.s em .177 e 850 em .22) que o maior calibre foi a melhor escolha. Normalmente eu lhe daria o número de série do rifle que estou testando para que você pudesse esperar comprá-lo depois que eu terminar, mas eu vou aguentar isso por algum tempo com este. Eu tenho uma intuição que eu realmente vou gostar deste airgun.
underlever
Obviamente este não é um rifle de ação de parafuso como o Mauser K98 arma de fogo. Este é um underlever com uma câmara deslizante da compressão que diversos outros rifles de Diana compartilham. Sabemos por experiência que Diana domina este estilo de powerplant Primavera-pistão. No entanto, este K98 é único. Estou adivinhando que o powerplant foi emprestado da Diana 460 Magnum, mas o underlever no K98 é escondido como parte do projeto de arma de fogo Mauser. Em vez de uma seção de barra de limpeza saindo da frente do estoque longo, o que você vê é o fim da underlever. Não é tão longo como o underlever 460, mas o esforço de armar ainda tem sido bastante reduzido. Vou medir para você na Parte 2, mas eu estimaria que é pelo menos 10 libras menos do que os 47 quilos eu medido quando eu testei o Magnum 460.
Lembre-se, eu só estou adivinhando sobre esse relacionamento. Eu baseio o meu palpite sobre o fato de que um fabricante vai usar as peças existentes para um novo modelo, se eles funcionam, ao invés de ir à custa de criar peças totalmente novas. Isso economiza custos de desenvolvimento, além de manter o inventário de peças magra. É por isso que os fabricantes de automóveis colocam um motor em muitos modelos diferentes. Independentemente do que as peças estão no rifle, é fácil de galo, em comparação com o mais poderoso 460 Magnum.
A câmara de compressão deslizante tem uma segurança para manter a câmara de fechamento inesperado quando você carregar o rifle. Esta segurança está convenientemente localizado para um atirador para a direita e eu acredito não é tão conveniente para um esquerdista. Quando o rifle é armado, a segurança desliza para trás com a câmara de compressão e deve ser pressionada para retornar a alavanca inferior e para deslizar a câmara de compressão para casa. O carregamento está diretamente na culatra, e neste rifle há um buraco no tubo de mola abaixo do barril, então não deixe cair o pellet.
A liberação para a câmara de compressão deslizante é aquele botão no lado direito do receptor, à frente da câmara fechada. Observe que o banner Mauser é exibido orgulhosamente no topo do tubo de mola. O estoque
Como observado, o estoque é madeira real, incluindo o handguard superior curto. Na Mauser K98 arma o handguard superior mantém suas mãos longe do barril quente quando disparando rapidamente, mas neste airgun é apenas para o estilo. Também para o estilo é a bucha de metal na bunda do estoque. Na arma de fogo que a bucha é de aço e está lá para desmontar o parafuso no campo. No airgun é apenas para decoração e é feito de metais não ferrosos. A última coisa a notar sobre o estoque é o metal buttplate que muito se assemelha a um Mauser K98 buttplate. Este é não-ferrosos - provavelmente para economizar peso.
Como você pode ver, o estoque é cortado para o estilingue. A faixa de barril dianteiro tem uma barra pesada para a parte dianteira da funda, assim como a arma de fogo. Na verdade, a coisa mais notável que não está neste rifle de ar é uma alça de baioneta. Ficaria no caminho do underlever, de qualquer maneira!
Terminar
Acho que o acabamento é exatamente o que os airgunners querem. A madeira é acabada com um acabamento semi-brilhante que está perto de um acabamento de óleo militar. As peças metálicas são profundamente azuladas ou enegrecidas adequadamente. Você não é de alumínio azul, então essas peças não ferrosas provavelmente são anodizadas, mas todas parecem uniformes. A única parte de plástico que eu posso encontrar é o triggerguard. Mesmo a lâmina do gatilho é de metal.
Vistas
OBRIGADO, DIANA! Não há fibra óptica nesses pontos turísticos! Posso apenas comprar a arma por esse motivo, sozinho! A vista dianteira é um Vee em uma base larga. E ajusta-se para a elevação! Sim, basta usar a ferramenta especial que vem com o rifle para virar a visão dianteira uma volta completa para alterar sua altura em 1 mm.
A vista traseira é uma visão de folha totalmente ajustável com um entalhe quadrado. Não é uma cópia da Mauser K98 arma de fogo vista traseira da folha, mas está localizado no mesmo local e ele vai funcionar bem. Eu pretendo testar o rifle completamente com as visões abertas.
Há uma base de escopo Diana na parte traseira do tubo de mola e vou montar um escopo e testá-lo dessa forma para você, também. Mas eu não vou deixar um escopo neste rifle. Este é um rifleman rifle que nunca foi destinado a ser filmado com um escopo. Sim, eu sei tudo sobre os rifles de sniper de 98K. Se você os examinar, verá que muitos compromissos tiveram que ser feitos para montar escopos. Mas vou testar este rifle com um escopo para você - eu prometo.
Tamanho e peso
Este é um rifle de ar muito grande e pesado, como ele precisa ser para copiar a Mauser K98 arma de fogo. Ele pesa 9,5 lbs. Que é um pouco mais do que a arma de fogo pesa, e haverá pequenas variações para a densidade da madeira. É 44 polegadas de comprimento, que é 0,3 polegadas mais longo do que a arma de fogo. Assim, este airgun é uma cópia próxima! Este acontece ser bastante focinho pesado que eu prefiro para a estabilidade dá.
Ferramentas?
Sim, o K98 vem com um conjunto completo de ferramentas! Você vai precisar deles para ajustar a visão frontal eo gatilho. O que a chave grande é para eu ainda não descobri.
Este conjunto de ferramentas vem com o rifle. Manual
Quem escreveu o manual foi um atirador - ou eles sabiam um! É bem escrito em 4 línguas. E - (rolo do cilindro) - é original a este rifle de ar, sozinho! Não fotos cheezy e instruções para um gatilho você pode ou não pode ter em seu rifle de ar one-size-fits-all!
Sentimento bom
Eu tenho um sentimento muito bom sobre este ar rifle. Uma boa sensação como em - Diana feitas à direita em todos os aspectos. Uma vez eu chamei o Diana RWS 350 Magnum rifle de ar de um rifleman, mas se este K98 testar a maneira que eu penso que vai, o 350 terá que passar!
Crianças - vamos nos divertir com esta!
Link para o comentário

Rs, linda m

Coronel, essa sim é linda hein, da até vontade de ir pra guerra com ela rsrs. Abs.

Essa é demais, Cumpadí Mazinho já deve ter encomendado...

Abraço.

Col. M.Q.

Link para o comentário

E da contagiosa, Henrique!

Mas eu vou esperar os testes de precisão do blog da Pyramid Air...

Arma de mola 4,5mm acima de 1.000 pés por segundo é meio caminho para ter precisão meia boca.

Daystate Huntsman Regal 5,5mm

Artemis PP 700S 5,5mm

Nova Vista Behemoth 5,5mm
Walther PPK/S 4,5mm BB

Link para o comentário

Este tipo de arma deveria ter a ponta do cano pintada de laranja. Idem para a Crosman MTR77. Até você explicar pros poliça que veio assim de fábrica, já te encheram de coronhada (isso se você der sorte...).

Te retribuo a cruzeta, mon Colonel.

Jesus... (Meu camarada, tu não vales nada... kkkk) :secret:

1908603582_B19CF30G400revpeqjpg.thumb.jpg.82626d09d45f43027ddd0da9c9d45a96.jpg

Link para o comentário

Este tipo de arma deveria ter a ponta do cano pintada de laranja. Idem para a Crosman MTR77. Até você explicar pros poliça que veio assim de fábrica, já te encheram de coronhada (isso se você der sorte...).

Grande Zait, grande senso de humor kkkkkkkk. uma belezura destas ( a carabina, não vc) não deveria sair da parede de casa, item belo apenas para decoração. Quanto as coronhadas, damos sorte se forem apenas coronhadas, vai que partem para a ignorância e depejem "plomos" em nozes.

No mais, grande carabina, nos resta apenas sonhar em chegar uma beleza dessas em terras brasilis.

“Se você deseja controlar os outros, primeiro controla-te a ti mesmo” - Miyamoto Musashi

Link para o comentário

Pai amado, meu temperamento tímido, esquivo, e não meigo impede-me de tecer comentários filosóficos a respeito..

Mas, data vênia, faço minhas vossas palavras, Zaitsev.

C. M.Q.

Link para o comentário

Grande Zait, grande senso de humor kkkkkkkk. uma belezura destas ( a carabina, não vc) não deveria sair da parede de casa, item belo apenas para decoração. Quanto as coronhadas, damos sorte se forem apenas coronhadas, vai que partem para a ignorância e depejem "plomos" em nozes.

No mais, grande carabina, nos resta apenas sonhar em chegar uma beleza dessas em terras brasilis.

Pois é. Parece uma Mauser 98. Mais é mais fácil encomendar uma Mozin-Nagant de airsoft porque um trem desses, o dia que chegar por aqui, não vai ser nada baratin' não...

1908603582_B19CF30G400revpeqjpg.thumb.jpg.82626d09d45f43027ddd0da9c9d45a96.jpg

Link para o comentário

Diana K98 pellet rifle: Part 2

by Tom Gaylord

11-29-16-01-Diana-K98.jpg

Part 1

This report covers:

• RWS Hobby
  • Why is it so easy to cock?
  • H&N Baracuda Match 5.51mm heads
  • JSB Exact RS
  • Trigger pull
  • Loading is fiddly
  • Evaluation so far
  • Evaluation so far

Today is the day I test the velocity of the Diana K98 air rifle for you. A lot has been written about these rifles. Much of it has been good, but there have been a few comments that were not so good. One of them was from one of our readers who got his rifle before I got mine and he reports things like hard cocking and difficult loading because of the placement of the rear sight. He also takes exception to the location of the sling on the left side of the rifle, but that is a Mauser design and had to be put there to match the firearm. I won’t comment on that, except to say that a Mauser sling makes a rifle easier to carry while slung than a Springfield-type sling, but not as convenient for shooting as a hasty sling (look it up).

This comment came from reader Zimbabweed, who wants to be called Zimbabwe Ed. His last comment was that the cocking lever on his rifle comes loose and falls down when he shoots. He calls it the loading lever, but we are talking about the same thing. I will be watching for that today.

I’m interested in the rifle’s performance. Today is velocity day, so that’s what I will test. The specs provided by Diana on the Pyramyd Air website say to expect velocities in .22 caliber in the range of 850 f.p.s. Naturally Diana tested that with lightweight pellets and, since they are in Germany, along with RWS, I am going to assume they tested with the RWS Hobby pellet. So, that’s what I’m going to start with.

RWS Hobby

Hobbys averaged 909 f.p.s. in the test rifle. They ranged from a low of 903 f.p.s. to a high of 917 f.p.s., so a spread of 14 f.p.s. That’s pretty good for a brand new spring rifle in this power range.

Speaking of power, I hope this test silences all those who say the K98 is not up to spec. According to the manual they make this gun in 4 different power ranges. In .22 caliber they are 7.5 Joules, 16.5 Joules, 30 Joules and 35 Joules. That’s 5.5 foot-pounds, 12.2 foot-pounds, 22.1 foot-pounds and 25.8 foot-pounds. At an average velocity of 909 f.p.s. the Hobby pellet generates 21.84 foot-pounds of energy at the muzzle, so this rifle must be a 30-Joule airgun. That is a powerful spring-piston rifle, but it’s not quite a mega-magnum. Perhaps that is why it shoots so smoothly.

Why is it so easy to cock?

I was surprised by the power. The RWS 460 Magnum I tested for you in 2008 was a .177, so we are in an apples/oranges situation. The only thing I can compare is the cocking effort. my test K98 cocks with 41 lbs. of effort. That’s a lot for me to cock — so why is this so easy? Simple — the fulcrum is high on the rifle and cocking is a matter of pulling down! I rest the butt on my right leg and that puts the lever so high I almost use my weight to cock the rifle. Not quite, but almost. It is very easy for me to cock this rifle because of this.

12-07-16-01-Diana-K98-cocked.jpg

The fulcrum for the underlever is located far out on the rifle (it’s where that stock screw is). That makes it much easier to cock, if you place the butt on your leg to hold the rifle.

The velocity and cocking weight also tells me this action is more than likely an unmodified RWS 460 Magnum action. The 460 Magnum I tested in 2008 cocked with 47 lbs. of effort. I thought this one would come out around 35 lbs. but it’s more than that. The placement of the fulcrum makes a big difference for me. This rifle is easy to cock with one hand for me. If the fulcrum were 6 inches lower on the rifle (closer to the butt) I would have to bring my core muscles into play when cocking and it would be a 2-hand operation.

H&N Baracuda Match 5.51mm heads

Because of the power I tested H&N Baracuda Match pellets with 5.51mm heads next. I expected to see velocities in the mid 700 f.p.s. range. Instead, though, the average was only 604 f.p.s., with a spread from 596 to 613 f.p.s. That’s 17 f.p.s. difference. But why so slow? Well, when I fired the first shot I felt the rifle shudder. It was vibration, but not from the mainspring. I will guess what I felt was the piston bouncing back and forth as the rifle fired, and that took away from the efficiency of the rifle. A heavier piston would not bounce as much and would probably generate more velocity, but instead of tearing the gun apart to modify it, I’m just going to shoot a lighter pellet.

By the way, at the average velocity, this pellet is generating 17.1 foot-pounds of energy at the muzzle. That’s 5 foot-pounds less than Hobbys and it is diagnostic of something that’s not right. Dropping 3 foot-pounds isn’t so bad, but when a gun drops 5 foot-pounds in this power range, you know something is up. The vibration I felt upon firing is now more important because we have evidence of far less power than expected. This is why owning a chronograph is so very important for an airgunner!

JSB Exact RS

The last pellet I tried was the 13.43-grain JSB Exact RS dome. This pellet is often an accurate one and it’s also lighter. I think the K98 can handle heavier pellets, but I wanted to see if my prediction about the piston bounce was correct. Apparently it was because the rifle was as smooth with this pellet as it was with the Hobbys.

Ten JSB Exact RS pellets averaged 830 f.p.s., which is 20.55 foot-pounds. The spread was large, though. It went from a low of 821 f.p.s. to a high of 852 f.p.s. That’s 31 f.p.s. I was going to tell you that the next-fastest shot was 829 f.p.s., but shot number 9 registered 839 f.p.s. So the spread is real, and not just one anomaly.

Trigger pull

The two-stage trigger breaks at 1 pound 11 ounces. That is phenomenal! Sporting rifles like this usually go over 4 pounds. Stage two does have some creep, but I’ll live with it.

Ed, I never saw the cocking lever fall out of place once as I shot the rifle. I wasn’t supporting the forearm at all, so perhaps that is the difference. All I can tell you is this rifle is functioning as advertised.

Loading is fiddly

One of Ed’s complaints is the rear sight hangs over the loading port, making the rifle difficult to load. I have to agree with that observation. I took a picture of it so you can see.

12-07-16-02-Diana-K98-load.jpg

Loading the K98 is a bit fiddly because the rear sight hangs over the loading port.

I find if I stand the butt on my leg, the barrel is almost straight up and loading is as easy as it gets. But the K98 is not a fast-loading air rifle.

Evaluation so far

In my opinion, the K98 is a winner at this point. Of course I haven’t seen the accuracy which is everything, but a number of people including Pyramyd Air’s own Tyler Patner have told me the rifle is accurate, so I’m expecting the best.

As I said at the start, I intend shooting with open sights, because for me this rifle will always be a Mauser. But I will mount a scope and test it that way, too.

• +1 1

Link para o comentário

Pois é...

Vamos aguardar os testes dessa 5.5, caro Henrique.

Desde que ví, o sentimento de desassossego que conheço permanece...puxa vida.

Abraço

PS narigudos: não me venham de 460 , que respondo de 350, rsrs ( homenagem ao Cumpadi Mazinho )

C. M.Q.

Link para o comentário

PS narigudos: não me venham de 460 , que respondo de 350, rsrs ( homenagem ao Cumpadi Mazinho )

C. M.Q.

Métil trucando.

"Estilingue - Calibres diversos, pedrinha, pedra, pedregulho, tijolo, pedra grande pra car... adaptado para aceitar pedra de barro Lead Free"

"Tubos de esferográficas com tufos da papel, atiradeira de mamona com cano e balão de festa etc"

Link para o comentário

Diana K98 pellet rifle: Part 3

by Tom Gaylord

11-29-16-01-Diana-K98-1.jpg

Part 1
Part 2

This report covers:

• Artillery hold
  • JSB Exact RS
  • RWS Superpoint
  • Slippery butt plate
  • Cocking effort
  • RWS Hobby
  • Shot cycle
  • Cocking lever latch
  • Results
  • Next

Today is the first of what are sure to be several accuracy days with the Diana K98 air rifle. I started slow, shooting from 10 meters off a bag and using open sights. I shot off a bag, but I did use the artillery hold. After the test it occurred to me that I should have tried a group with the rifle rested directly on the bag, but it was too late. I will do that in a future test.

As I shot the rifle I concentrated on several comments made by reader, Zimbabwe Ed. Ed has had some negative experiences with his K98, so I will address those as I go.

Artillery hold

The first comment I will make is that Ed is right about the K98 being muzzle heavy! It is extremely muzzle heavy! I therefore rested the forearm on the palm of my off hand with the hand located out by the near end of the cocking slot. That made the rifle rest very solidly on my hand. I’m not sure if this is the best way to hold the rifle, so as the accuracy test progresses I will continue to experiment — including resting the rifle directly on the sandbag.

JSB Exact RS

The first pellet I shot was the 13.43-grain JSB Exact RS dome. No special reason — I just felt like it. The sights were exactly as they came from the factory and the rear sight was adjusted way over to the right. The group of 10 shots went into 0.604-inches at 10 meters. That’s not the smallest group of 10 I have shot at that distance, but it is a good one for open sights for me. Nine of those pellets are in 0.467-inches. That borders on great. Think back to the test of my Airsporter Mark IV a couple days ago and compare that to what you see here. You’ll see that the K98 is better. And this was with my right eye (the one that had a detached retina)!

12-14-16-01-Diana-K98-RS-group.jpg

Ten JSB Exact RS pellets went into 0.604-inches at 10 meters. Nine are in just 0.467-inches, which is excellent!

I will say that the sights on the rifle are not conducive to target shooting. The inverted vee front sight (Perlkorn in German) is difficult to level with the top of the rear notch. It is easy to center, though.

This group landed to the right of the aimpoint, so I adjusted the rear sight notch to the left a bit. Next, I tried a pellet I was sure would be a winner.

RWS Superpoint

This was the RWS Superpoint. Since the K98 is a Diana, I expected this pellet might do very well. I did miscount pellets on this one, so the group is not 10 but just 9 pellets. All 9 went into 0.871-inches, but 7 of those are in just 0.594-inches. I think when I shoot with a scope this pellet will shine.

12-14-16-02-Diana-K98-Superpoint-group.j

Nine RWS Superpoints went into 0.871-inches at 10 meters, but 7 of them are in just 0.594 inches. Another good pellet.

The rifle was still shooting a little to the right, so I made a second sight adjustment. I also dialed in 2 clicks of elevation.

Slippery butt plate

Now I will comment on that slippery metal butt plate Ed talked about. The rifle did slip off my leg once when I was cocking it, so again, my experience agrees with Ed’s. I had no trouble holding it to my shoulder while shooting, but since I was shooting off a sandbag, that might be the reason. I think Ed was shooting offhand.

Cocking effort

I’ll also observe that in this test I did use 2 hands to cock the rifle most of the time. Apparently sitting close to the shooting bench is different than just sitting in my office when I chronographed the gun for Part 2. The rifle was much closer to my chest in this test, which made the cocking effort harder. I can still cock it with one hand, but on this test I preferred using 2 hands.

RWS Hobby

The last pellet I tried was the RWS Hobby wadcutter pellet. I had high hopes for this one, both because the K98 seems accurate and also because Hobbys are a good pellet for shooting this close to the target. At 10 meters ten Hobby pellets went into a group that measures 0.532-inches between centers. That’s the smallest 10-shot group of the session, and I note there are no real stray shots in this group.

12-14-16-03-Diana-K98-Hobby-group.jpg

These 10 shots don’t look like it, but at 0.532-inches between centers these RWS Hobbys were the smallest group. Shot cycle

I’m shooting the K98 from the artillery hold, which means it’s as free to move and recoil as it can be. The shot cycle is quite smooth, though the rifle does tell me how powerful it is. The pellets were at the trap the moment I heard the gun fire, which isn’t common in my tests.

Cocking lever latch

Ed told us that his cocking lever falls down every time he shoots. Another reader said his lever falls under certain circumstances. I was not able to replicate that on my rifle, but I now do notice that the lever latch feels very soft when I return the lever to the stowed position. I might take my action out of the stock and see if I can strengthen the latch.

Results

Today was just a first effort to get to know the K98 rifle. I do still like it very much. I think the accuracy is way better than what you see here, but let’s give it the chance to settle down and me a chance to get to know it. Stage two of the trigger has some creep that I’m going to try to adjust out for future tests.

Next

Next I want to back up to 25 yards and continue to shoot with open sights. I am thinking about a scope, though. I think a compact scope would be nice, given what this is (a realistic copy of a K98K Mauser). There is a lot more to come, so stay with me.

• +1 3

Link para o comentário

Holy shit!

Link para o comentário

Diana K98 pellet rifle: Part 4

by Tom Gaylord

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

This report covers:

• Shoot left-handed
  • RWS Superpoints
  • JSB Exact RS
  • RWS Superdomes
  • Now, for the mind-blower!
  • The underlever latch
  • Trigger adjustment
  • Evaluation

Keep him off his his computer, ladies, because today I’m the Great Enabler! Today I shoot the Diana K98 pellet rifle at 25 yards with open sights. And when he sees the results, he’s going to want one!

Shoot left-handed

Today was accuracy day at 25 yards and I absolutely could not see the bull, when sighting with my right eye — even when wearing my glasses! So I had to switch hands and shoot from the left side.

RWS Superpoints

The first pellet I tried for no particular reason was the RWS Superpoint. One shot confirmed I was on target, then the next 9 went downrange without checking. I walked down to change targets and saw the group for the first time. Ten shots in 2.32-inches! The “group” was very horizontal. Not a good start.

12-20-16-01-Diana-K98-Superpoint-group-2

Yuck! Ten RWS Superpoint pellets went into 2.32-inches at 25 yards. Not a good start to the test. JSB Exact RS

Next, I decided to try 10 JSB Exact RS domes. But I also decided to try resting the rifle on the palm of my off hand, placed just in front of the triggerguard instead of out by the cocking slot. It made the rifle extremely muzzle-heavy, but I was shooting off a sandbag, so that didn’t really matter. This time was different. Ten RS pellets went into 1.402-inches, but 9 of them are in 0.916-inches. That is definitely better and more like what I had hoped for!

12-20-16-02-Diana-K98-RS-group-25-yards.

This is more like it. Ten JSB Exact RS pellets are in 1.402-inches at 25 yards, with 9 in just 0.916-inches.

Now I was happy. I could see that the K98 can really shoot at distance. Remember, I’m shooting left-handed with open sights today.

RWS Superdomes

The last pellet I tried was the RWS Superdome. I also rested the rifle on the palm of my off hand, just forward of the triggerguard for this pellet. This time 10 pellets went into 1.153-inches. The group is tighter than the RS group you just saw for all 10 shots. However, hold your horses. Something is coming.

12-20-16-03-Diana-K98-Superdome-group-25

Ten RWS Superdomes went into 1.153-inches at 25 yards. Now, for the mind-blower!

After the Superdome group I decided to try shooting the K98 DIRECTLY ON THE SANDBAG. At its power level it shouldn’t do too well, but I wanted to see.

I intended shooting JSB Exact RS pellets, but the tin of Superdomes was still open, so I used them instead. And look at the results! Ten pellets landed 1.049-inches. That’s considerably smaller than when the gun was hand-held. It means the Diana K98 is stable when rested directly on a bag, and that does not happen often. I think this is the most powerful spring air rifle I have tested that allows direct resting.

12-20-16-04-Diana-K98-Superdomes-directl

When the rifle was rested directly on the bag 10 RWS Superdomes went into 1.049-inches at 25 yards.

What this means is that when I scope the rifle, I can also rest it directly on the bag, and we should see some remarkable groups. But wait, because the report is not over.

The underlever latch

I looked at the latch that holds the underlever in position. It’s a spring-loaded affair the presses on the underlever when it’s returned home. It doesn’t appear to be adjustable and it looks difficult to modify, but I will continue to look into it.

12-20-16-05-Diana-K98-latch.jpg

That little catch (arrow) is spring-loaded to pop up like this and hold the underlever in place when it’s stored. When you pull down on the lever this catch is pressed down and out of the way. Trigger adjustment

Remember I mentioned in the last report about having some creep in stage two of the trigger pull? The K98 trigger allows for adjustment of the length of stage one and the location of stage two. I adjusted both and got the long first stage travel I prefer, plus I made the stage two release much crisper. So, the trigger adjustments really do work as advertised.

Evaluation

The Diana K98 is one of the best new air rifles to come along in a long time. It has features like smooth power, a light and adjustable trigger, great looks and, as we discovered today, accuracy. There is still a lot more to test, so stay tuned, but I think we have tested it enough that you can safely buy one now.

I know the rifle is large and looks like a military Mauser. But at its heart it is one fine spring-piston air rifle.

Link para o comentário

Holy Shit 2

Não tem como não ficar inquieto e ando muito ultimamente kkkkk

Obrigado por compartilhar as informações caro amigo.

Link para o comentário

Alemão Fritz e Mário gaúcho-pernambucano, a cachorrada ainda tá na trela, num desassossego só; doida para achar Diana.

Master-Of-The-Fontainebleau-School-Diana

2017 deve trazer novidades....rs

Métil, imerso em devaneios natalinos...

Editado por MATTHEW QUIGLEY
  • +1 1

Link para o comentário

• 1 month later...
Diana K98 pellet rifle: Part 5

by Tom Gaylord

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4

This report covers:

• First scope
  • First scope failed!
  • 10X fixed power UTG scope
  • The test
  • JSB RS
  • My eye
  • JSB Exact 15.89-grain
  • RWS Superdomes
  • Conclusion

I last tested the Diana Mauser K98 air rifle on December 20 of last year. On that day my right eye was so bad that I couldn’t even see the sights when wearing my glasses, so I had to shoot that test left-handed. Even so, I managed to shoot a 10-shot group that was almost one-inch at 25 yards. And I did it with the rifle rested directly on a sandbag!

First scope

Today I mounted an old Leapers 3-12 SWAT mil dot scope that happened to be attached to high rings that were sitting on a prototype Leapers drooper base. This base will fit the new Diana scope bases on the rifles. The scope was so old it was from the pre-UTG days. It just says Leapers on the tube.

I used the drooper base for its downward slant, because the Mauser 98K is a Diana, and most of them have some droop. As the test unfolded I discovered this rifle doesn’t have any droop and I could have left that base out of the scope mounting solution. That would have been better,
because the combination of the base and high rings put the scope too high for the rifle to fit me comfortably. If this wasn’t just a test I would select a different set of rings and no drooper base.

First scope failed!

It took about 10 shots to sight in and then I shot a first group. It wasn’t shot as well (not as uniformly) as I hoped, so I tried shooting a second group with the same pellet. But, after three more shots, the parallax failed. The scope focus became fuzzy no matter where the sidewheel parallax was set. That’s the first Leapers scope ever to fail on me like that. The scope is probably close to 10 years old and has been mounted on dozens of different air rifles for testing, so I got a lot of use out of it. But no more!

10X fixed power UTG scope

I dismounted the scope and mounted a 110X50 fixed power UTG SWAT scope in its place. The reticle on this one is very thin, so aiming is as precise as it can be. I felt that offset the slightly lower magnification this scope offered. You will note that this scope is compact.

02-15-17-01-Diana-K98-scoped.jpg

The scope is way too high the way it’s mounted here. The drooper base proved unnecessary, so the scope can be lowered quite a bit. The test

If you read Part 4 you’ll discover that I was able to shoot this rifle rested directly on the sandbag. That is a testimony to the smoothness of the shot cycle. So, that is how I shot it for today’s test.

JSB RS

First to be tested were 13.43-grain JSB Exact RS domes. They did well in Part 4 and I wanted to see how much better I could do with a scope. However, allow me to tell you about my new eye before I describe the test.

My eye

I can see through the scope very clearly, and the reticle lines that used to be very crooked have straightened out quite a bit. There is still some crookedness to them, but it’s far less than before. My cataract was really degrading my ability to see clearly!

Back to the test. The rifle shot pellet after pellet to the same place. It was wonderful to watch. In the end I had shot 10 pellets into a group that measures 0.584-inches between centers. I would say the Mauser 98K is accurate!

02-15-17-02-Diana-K98-JSB-RS-target.jpg

Ten JSB RS pellets went into 0.584-inches at 25 yards. JSB Exact 15.89-grain

Next I tried 10 JSB Exact 15.89-grain pellets. They went into as group that measures 1.07 inches between centers. For 25-yard shooting it’s not too bad, but the RS is still the pellet to beat,

02-15-17-03-Diana-K98-JSB-Exact-target.j

Ten JSB Exact 15.89-grain pellets went into 1.07-inches at 25 yards. While acceptable, in light of what the RS pellets did I wouldn’t choose this one. RWS Superdomes

In Part 4 I got a phenomenal result from RWS Superdome pellets. So naturally I thought they would be the best pellet today. I shot two groups of 10 and I’m showing you the best one, though the other one is only slightly larger. The best I was able to do with Superdomes was 10 in 1.382-inches at 25 yards. As you can see, most of the pellets grouped together, but there were 4 outliers that opened things up. In the other group that was larger I had similar results, with three pellets opening the group. Perhaps sorting pellets by head size with the Pelletgage would improve things, but I don’t care about that.

02-15-17-03-Diana-K98-JSB-Exact-target.j

Ten RWS Superdome pellets went into 1.382-inches at 25 yards. For some reason, these pellets were not as good as the 10 Superdomes I shot from this rifle with open sights in December. Conclusion

It seems the Mauser K98 is a little picky about the pellets it likes. No doubt if I were to continue testing with other pellets I would find one or more that also work well. But I have zero desire to shoot this rifle with a scope. It was made to shoot with open sights and that’s how I would shoot it. I’m still deciding whether I want to buy this one or return it to Pyramyd Air.

Link para o comentário

É uma baita!!!

Link para o comentário

Ela tem N-tec...???famigerado nitrogenio e oleo num tubo de aço alemão.

20150312_144314.jpg

Editado por Rui Saiki

At 44 long 5,5mm

At 44 5,5mm ferrolho turning by Nico coronha Romão

Evanix Brizzard S10 5,5mm

Walther Dominator 1250 5,5mm

S510 5,5mm

BSA R10 5,5mm coronha Ft-Fabio Artesão

Theoben MKII -USA 5.5mm

Theoben Rapid MFR Bull Barrel 5.5mm ...

EV2 Air Arms 4.5mm

Cometa Lynx 5.5 V5

Styer LG110 Hight Power 4,5mm

HW100 calibre 5,5mm e 4,5mm

Link para o comentário

Cumpadi Métil , ainda honrado e envaidecido pela sua citação do meu nome , observo que os agrupamentos mostrados não honram a arma . O Queroz , o baianinho zóio de águia , faz melhor . Mesmo assim , compartilho do desassossego , da turma . Agora , que eu não durmo direito , PQP . Mais 1 .

Link para o comentário

Cumpadi Mazinho, estamos de olho nesse trem.

O atirador tem doença ocular, no tópico anterior, sem luneta, fez alvos com māo esquerda, devido ao problema.

Quanto ao Queroz, como dizem os paulistas: sem palavras! ( e aí dizem um monte de abobrinhas, rs )

Abraço, você merece, Cumpadi, e obrigado.

Cumpadi Métil

Link para o comentário